4.08.2009

Yu Xihong's Shaw Bros Library Encore No4!

Out of curiosity I can't imagine how overwhelming it must be for someone to stumble onto the Xihong Library for the first time at this stage in the game.

3 Evil Masters
5 Venoms
10 Tigers of Kwangtung
Bloody Parrot
Brave Archer
Daredevils
Death Duel
Godfather From Canton
Have Sword Will Travel
Heroes Shed No Tears
Heroes Two
Invincible Shaolin
Judgement of an Assassin
Kid With a Tattoo
Kungfu Instructor
Legend of the Bat
Life Gamble
Magnificent Ruffians
Men From the Monastery
Mercenaries From Hong Kong
Rebel Intruders
Shaolin Avengers
Shaolin Handlock
Sword Stained With Royal Blood
The Assassin
The Duel
The Magic Blade
The Weird Man
To Kill a Mastermind
Vengeful Beauty
Young Avenger

Part 1
Part 2

I want to give a special thanks to H2O and Mr.T of Asian Cinema Scores. H2O contributed some rare stuff from his own personal collection and gave me some good insight into the KICA Library. There were many good soundtracks and composers alike from Japan, but most of their works from that time period were scattered throughout compilations. They didn't release the complete OSTs that we're accustomed to.

Mr.T, what can I say? This guy knows his soundtracks! He filled me in on some obscure stuff from older movies (which is my blind spot). Not to mention he's the source of the rare soon to be cult favorite Heroes Two track. You can find Asian Cinema Scores on Franklynot by way of my blog roll. And lastly, I want to give kudos to Library209 (he too is already linked on my blog roll) for his Vladimir Cosma stuff. At this rate, maybe I can crank out Encore 5 by next year. I've filled so many blanks the list grows shorter and shorter. I'll make a post and list what my top 10 sought after cues are some time.

4 comments:

Ruler Why said...

YOU'RE MY HERO!!! Always droppin mad flavor! Thanks again, can't wait to listen. Peace.

Hrangue said...

Thanks man, check out the update.

Anonymous said...

Thanks!
From where and whom is the End Title of Kid with a Tattoo?

Hrangue said...

It's from a film called "Nunzio" scored by Lalo Schifrin.